I contemplated about sharing my goals, dreams and aspirations with the rest of the world, but something about written form and out in the open motivates one to get off his or her butt and just do it. This allows me to create actionable steps to making things happen.
- Healing my gut/stomach. Along with that, my digestive health. Your stomach is known as your core for a reason.
- Run a 5k and a marathon by 31. This gives me about a year to prepare.
- Accept age. Sure, I was a late bloomer in some areas, but never once was it stupid to try anyway. I realize there were times I made intentional mistakes to see the reasoning behind it.
- Understand that life is imperfect. And imperfect with action trumps an imagined perfect vision.
- Help others to improve their wellbeings: “Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.”
- Eat my way through Asia.
- One new language a year. 2017- Spanish 2018- refining my French 🙂
- Master HKS Level 1-2 Beginning in 2018, 3-4 Intermediate 2019, 5-6 Advanced 2021. This is equivalent to a TOEFL for foreign students testing in English.
- I've thought long and hard about Reserve Duty. The next step is debating whether to go in for Computer Science or Linguistics Background. If so, I'll also need to begin training physically.
- Understand that marketing is a beautiful thing. If done right, it isn't sleazy.
- Keep learning, I want to invest in others with hustles.
- Improve in photography though stock photos will be an easy out.
- Own my actions.
- Network. It's never just about work, but what who you know outside of it. I do feel that part of my quietness is feeling imposter syndrome, but I don't claim I know everything my niche. The underlying message of this blog is ‘learn by doing'. Failure is against me as I build credibility.
- Outsource. Only so much time in a day and investing in others to do it better and faster.
- Grow my blog to 1,000 email subscribers during 2017. 5,000 in 2018.
- Get rid of the botox and ugly medical ads. I decided there will be no intrusive ads as it degrades the experience on this site. I am not opposed to selling ad space.
- Get debt-free. I aim to take one of Ramit Sethi's courses and I'm not eligible until I'm debt-free and not carrying a balance.
- Set up an IRA and max it out 1 year. Then two. Until then, start! Play catch up to the missed years and opportunities from not starting sooner!
- Pay off $27k of student loan debt.
- Bring Credit Score up. Manage finances with tools I didn't understand before.
- FI/RE (Financial Independence, Retire Early)
Outrageous Goals (just because I can)
- Attend an Ellen taping.
- Attend a Who's Line is It Anyway taping.
- Future MegaDo
- Maldives and Moorea, Necker Island
- Collect rubber duckies from places I travel to.