Disclosure: Witty edutainment is a side hustle.
I write to indulge in boba milk tea, feed a family, and the perspective of hustles told.
I am not a deals-site. It’s exhausting to pretend to be one for hours leading and the two days.
Then… I’m realizing the post ought to be evergreen (ie. updated for following years, like 2020) and we can learn from the experiment. Love thought experiments, could be very good or terrible idea. Most importantly, I want us to learn something.
FYI, Sales are based on your ability to click on links. Amazon uses a 24-hour cookie (fickle, but tracks everything in the session) or a 90-days if a specific linked item is added your cart (the true testament of a good conversion).
I’m a fan of cashback sites (my favorite is Swagbucks: referral). While it’s my favorite way to shop, Amazon has so many restrictions and exclusions that I’m an even bigger fan of supporting your favorite content creators. Especially on a day like Prime Day.
RESELLING (main hustle): In the Office
Works much better than shoeboxes. Boxes are built for collectible cards. No flimsy dividers. I prefer the longer rectangular ones for Jenga practice. Buy 5, bulk prices are better than buying one or two.
Necessary for my sellers. With an extractor, the little magstrip can read the code and transcribe it more accurately than human ten-key. Saves sanity for those with many physical cards to swipe.
Needs to have 3-track. I don’t know what this mean, minimum 3.
These BIC ones are fantastic. I’m a fanatic for ultra-fine pens and these have a nice rubber grip, so i don’t have any calluses on my right middle finger. They also don’t smell. Ahem, Sharpie.
- Definitely on the expensive side as it’s a super fancy scanner. It’s portable for manual/feed scans (vs. flatbed scanning). The software automatically saves the images in a folder for you. I don’t recommend this to everyone unless you already have a home office space and could make use of a scanner.
- Great for scanning receipts, cards, and limiting office clutter. OCR for certain cards also (ahem, iTunes).
- Side note: looks like they updated this model to have color. That might matter to you, why the heck not. Similar pricing.
As someone who is heavy on Google Drive/Cloud technology and has had the Google and server go down… it’s better not to be so reliant on Cloud. I suspect my reliance also slows down my computer with a poor internet connection. Excel is undoubtably more robust than Google.
- Essential specs: laser, monochrome (ie. black and white), doublesided-printing
- Optional: fax, scanner, color (about $40.00 more)
- Buy generic toner, original drums. A Google search can help you reset the toner to get more usage. Inkjets also bleed more, whereas a laser printer can usually print one or two reams easily.
Other supplies: rubber bands, stapler
I also pack for physical orders, so gluesticks, double-stick tape, packaging tape.
Amazon doesn’t allow direct linking to actual cards.
Prime Day Deals > Select Gift Cards > Recheck “Upcoming Deals” (not sure why Amazon’s turning this option off by default)
If card is 100.00% claimed, waitlist anyway. Turn on your notifications.
Understand there’s an influx of traffic now that people are awake. Deals are filling in within minutes. Your best shot is waitlist or watch the clock. I’ll be updating this post to include more cards later on in the day.
- *** iTunes50 for $40.00
- *** Petco50 for $39.50 (sold out)
- American Eagle50 for $39.50 (sold out)
- *** Happy Day Eats50 for $39.50 (sold out); (will need to be converted – Jamba Juice orPanera Bread)
- Applebee’s®50 for $39.50 at 10:04AM PDT
- IHOP®50 for $39.50 11:14AM PDT
- Lane Bryant50 for $39.50 1:09PM PDT
- Fandango50 for $39.50 3:19PM PDT
- Boscov’s Department Store50 for $39.50 4:09pm PDT
- ***Panda Express25 for ? 5:34PM PDT
- *** Happy Day Dining50 (will need to be converted- Cheesecake Factory) Tuesday 3:19AM PDT
- Red Robin50 for $39.50 3:34AM PDT
- *** Gap50 for $39.50 4:09AM PDT
- Catherines50 for $39.50 5:34AM PDT
- *** JCPenney50 for $39.50 7:29AM PDT
- ***Panera50 for $39.50 11:04AM PDT
- ***Carter’s50 for $39.50 11:34AM PDT
- BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse50 for $39.50 1:19PM PDT
- ***Brinker50 for $39.50 2:29PM PDT
- Regal Cinemas50 for $39.50 4:14PM PDT
- Famous Footwear50 for $39.50 4:49PM PDT
- The Children’s Place50 for $39.50 4:59PM PDT